Going to my wife's embassy in Nairobi

Going to my wife's embassy in Nairobi

Postby ICC.supporter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:50 pm

When I was in Kenya recently my wife and I had to go to her country's embassy in Nairobi. That was quite an experience. They thought I was a Kenyan aide of some sort. They were very surprised to learn that I was her husband. Just to play with them, I first showed them my Kenya National ID. Then I showed them my American passport! They were totally confused but trying desperately to act "natural." My wife was enjoying the who experience like there was no tomorrow. She kept asking the official, in her language, "Is there anything wrong?" "No, everything is fine," he would say. But my wife and I could tell that he was not used to a Kenyan coming with a wife from his country.

The world is a funny place.

I wish we had brought one of our kids with us to the embassy. That would have been quite an experience. But the kids were more interested in hanging around with my cousins and exploring places like Umoja, Nairobi National Park (and later Masai Mara), Bomas, Carnivore, etc. My eldest son has reached the point where he thinks he's working for National Geographic while in Kenya. He even wanted to visit Kakuma Refugee Camp! There's nothing wrong with this but my wife and I felt that we did not have adequate preparation for him visiting Kakuma. He was pretty angry with us for a day or two. Anyway, I'm at least encouraged that my kids seem to be more interested in Kenya than me.
Liberate yourself from your tribe and its "leaders." It's a great feeling!
ICC.supporter

Re: Going to my wife's embassy in Nairobi

Postby ICC.supporter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:53 pm

By the way, my wife's country's embassy is in a very beautiful section of Nairobi. I was very impressed at how lovely the compound was after you entered the gates.
ICC.supporter

Postby Kubai » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:23 am

????
Kubai

Postby Biche » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:00 am

The obvious question is: where is your wife from? But I guess if you had wanted to share that, you would have in the first place.
ChickAboutTown.com
Living & Lifestyle in East Africa
Biche

Postby betelgeuse » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:45 am

Biche, dont you give thanks to what you have! And accomplished, which is just short of visiting kakuma refugee camp!

Biche wrote:The obvious question is: where is your wife from? But I guess if you had wanted to share that, you would have in the first place.
betelgeuse

Postby ICC.supporter » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:06 pm

A resident of a trailer park in America has to floss kidogo. Ama? :)

betelgeuse wrote:Biche, dont you give thanks to what you have! And accomplished, which is just short of visiting kakuma refugee camp!

Biche wrote:The obvious question is: where is your wife from? But I guess if you had wanted to share that, you would have in the first place.
ICC.supporter

Postby Biche » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Sijawaelewa. You've lost me! :?
ChickAboutTown.com
Biche

Postby maid in kenya » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Biche

don't worry about ICC Supporter. Sometimes he delights in being unnecessarily cryptic and secretive. Thereby negating any utamu in his stories...don't take this as a license to floss though...Mr. ICC.

Thanks for the compliment on my signature in another thread. Glad you like it. :)
Made in the Republic of Kenya with 100% organic ingredients .
maid in kenya

Postby Top Shattah » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:52 pm

I will sit here and wait for that fool to show up and present credible information that suggest otherwise. People with serious anger issues and low self esteem always find a need to present distorted information to make them feel better. Sometimes i always wished there was an injection for stupidity but unfortunately, most idiots will always stay in that state until their last breath. We the normal people have to suffer through by dealing with the infantile tantrums that this moron throws here from time to time. Which normal woman would be able to stand this kind of a nuisance? Think about that for a moment while you watch the fool throw his usual tantrums and spin himself into oblivion. I can predict with great accuracy that he shall swing around and hurl insults just like always do when faced with real situation requiring the use of his head. Oops did I say the use of his head? Over to you A double S.
If your name is not on Forbes, you should be very busy working not wasting time on blogs and other internet shenanigans - Toppa Top.
Top Shattah

Postby ICC.supporter » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:35 pm

Thank you. Next?

Top Shattah wrote:I will sit here and wait for that fool to show up and present credible information that suggest otherwise. People with serious anger issues and low self esteem always find a need to present distorted information to make them feel better. Sometimes i always wished there was an injection for stupidity but unfortunately, most idiots will always stay in that state until their last breath. We the normal people have to suffer through by dealing with the infantile tantrums that this moron throws here from time to time. Which normal woman would be able to stand this kind of a nuisance? Think about that for a moment while you watch the fool throw his usual tantrums and spin himself into oblivion. I can predict with great accuracy that he shall swing around and hurl insults just like always do when faced with real situation requiring the use of his head. Oops did I say the use of his head? Over to you A double S.
ICC.supporter

Postby cookie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:37 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40106

Biche wrote:Sijawaelewa. You've lost me! :?

Kenyan immigrant found dead in Rock Creek Mobile-home Park.

Police confirm "note" at scene.

By Toby Young

Staff Writer e-published 06/23/2014 06:51 AM EST

A young male resident of North Potomac was discovered deceased in a Rock Creek Mobile-home Park. While the exact time and cause of death is unknown, an autopsy has been ordered by the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department, as part of its ongoing investigation.

Montgomery County police confirm that Peter Mwangi, 32, a native of Kenya, was discovered deceased late Sunday evening by the park’s security staff. Peter’s body was found slumped over a laptop computer, the victim of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

The preliminary police report confirms the discovery of a "note" near the body, and a large volume of printed materials found inside the single-wide trailer, suggesting suicide as the probable cause of death.

According to the park’s residents, Peter just joined the trailer park community, having recently fallen on hard financial times, but already had widely established himself as a "gruff" and "angry young man".

"He was a real piece of work, I tell you" said a Mr. Rory Baker, a nearby neighbor. "at night we'd hear him cussing and screaming about some guys named "Jomo Kenyatta" and "William Ruto", how they had destroyed Kenya, and how he blamed them for the current insecurity in his homeland, Kenya. I think he kinda thought they were devils".

A police official, on the condition of anonymity, said evidence throughout Peter’s rented trailer suggested he was also despondent and angry over a series of bad investment decisions in a variety of penny stocks, the recent loss of his thrift shop business due to bankruptcy, and his wife leaving him. The words "ICC", "Ocampo" and "Hague" were spray painted throughout the inside walls and ceilings of the single-wide trailer.

"This was one mad and angry little man" said another un-named police official, "You cannot possibly believe the amount of internet news articles, press releases, photos labeled "Post-Election violence", and other print materials he had posted all over the inside walls of this trailer. This guy was really was ticked off; it was almost like he was stalking someone"

The Sentinel reporters left multiple requests for interviews with Peter’s estranged wife, a resident of Silver Spring, but no messages were returned.

http://www.thesentinel.com/mont/index.p ... Itemid=849
Uhuru tuko pamoja Hague

Cookie Musembi, Esq, PhD (Univ. of Wikipedia)
Duke of Hardeeville, South Carolina.

When SOMALIs call kenyans baboons You should ask which breed coz nairobi is one big zoo - Njamba
cookie

Postby toli » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:47 pm

how is the 'wired business situation' with wifey coming along? I am willing to invest. Non-voting is ok by me as long as the dividends are delivered..

Top Shattah wrote:I will sit here and wait for that fool to show up and present credible information that suggest otherwise. People with serious anger issues and low self esteem always find a need to present distorted information to make them feel better. Sometimes i always wished there was an injection for stupidity but unfortunately, most idiots will always stay in that state until their last breath. We the normal people have to suffer through by dealing with the infantile tantrums that this moron throws here from time to time. Which normal woman would be able to stand this kind of a nuisance? Think about that for a moment while you watch the fool throw his usual tantrums and spin himself into oblivion. I can predict with great accuracy that he shall swing around and hurl insults just like always do when faced with real situation requiring the use of his head. Oops did I say the use of his head? Over to you A double S.
L’Origine du monde
toli

Postby Layday Ngaga » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:49 pm

I dont' pity ICC's wife but to have him for a father is simply cruel to the children. We hae adults here at RC and we feel like going for therapy once you read his posts, so I can't imagine how distorted his children must be. Please keep them in America. That way if they decide to to mass-shooting one day, they can do it in America
Only God alone can say "I am" and put a fullstop. The rest of us are because He is: Fr. Wamugunda.
Layday Ngaga

Postby Biche » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:03 am

maid in kenya wrote:Biche

don't worry about ICC Supporter. Sometimes he delights in being unnecessarily cryptic and secretive.
Ah...thanks for clarifying.

maid in kenya wrote:Thereby negating any utamu in his stories...
I hear you. I refer to that as a "half story". :lol:

maid in kenya wrote:Thanks for the compliment on my signature in another thread. Glad you like it. :)
You are welcome!

Thanks for the explanation, Cookie! :-)
ChickAboutTown.com
Biche

Postby toli » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:22 am

Layday Ngaga wrote:I dont' pity ICC's wife but to have him for a father is simply cruel to the children. We hae adults here at RC and we feel like going for therapy once you read his posts, so I can't imagine how distorted his children must be. Please keep them in America. That way if they decide to to mass-shooting one day, they can do it in America

bs

ICC is a courageous man. the same cannot be said for the shameless and amoral athi hobbits that squeal louder than their hosts.
L’Origine du monde
toli

Postby ICC.supporter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:27 am

Toli,

Let the kids play. It's their play hour.

toli wrote:
Layday Ngaga wrote:I dont' pity ICC's wife but to have him for a father is simply cruel to the children. We hae adults here at RC and we feel like going for therapy once you read his posts, so I can't imagine how distorted his children must be. Please keep them in America. That way if they decide to to mass-shooting one day, they can do it in America

bs

ICC is a courageous man. the same cannot be said for the shameless and amoral athi hobbits that squeal louder than their hosts.
ICC.supporter

Postby betelgeuse » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:41 am

by your moral standards or by JaCon tendawili standards?

toli wrote:

bs

betelgeuse

Postby ICC.supporter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:48 am

betelgeuse,

Are you in the mood for a rumble in the mud? Are you feeling the urge, as usual? Too much idle time on your hands? Nothing to do in the village square? The men won't let you in the bars or you cannot afford regular beer? If you hit that illicit brew again just make sure it doesn't have ethanol!

betelgeuse wrote:by your moral standards or by JaCon tendawili standards?

toli wrote:

bs

ICC.supporter

Return to General