Afrika Mokili Mobimba - Who sang it best

Afrika Mokili Mobimba - Who sang it best

Postby Anonymous Kevin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:17 am

I mean apart from the Original - Dechaud

Mangwana & Rochereau

Ricardo Lemvo

Manu Dibango
In place of the old bourgeois society, with its classes and class antagonisms, we shall have an association in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all.

Marx & Engels, Communist Manifesto (1848)
Anonymous Kevin

Re: Afrika Mokili Mobimba - Who sang it best

Postby Terminator » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:21 pm

This is the kind of music I had come to associate with you. People those days took time to create their music. The workmanship is written all over the compositions.
The people of Haiti have prayed for his presence. He came to them in an earthquake to draw them closer to him.

Terminator

Postby Anonymous Kevin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:27 pm

Terminator wrote:This is the kind of music I had come to associate with you. People those days took time to create their music. The workmanship is written all over the compositions.

Thanks. I fish for all this music everywhere.

Here's some more that you can relax with over a beer...best of african jazz...and in the 70s-80s and quality is sawa!

Suite lettre

Kimpa kisangameni
In place of the old bourgeois society, with its classes and class antagonisms, we shall have an association in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all.

Anonymous Kevin

Postby Terminator » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Classics.
The people of Haiti have prayed for his presence. He came to them in an earthquake to draw them closer to him.

Terminator

Postby Njamlik » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:04 pm

The original will always be special, but the TV studio session featuring Sam Mangwana and Rochereau benefitted from better technology and seasoned musicians who rendered a perfect arrangement.

That song effectively demonstrated the solid bridge between Cuba and Congo.

NJL
"There is one thing I can definitely guarantee with certainty. With Obama's reelection, Uhuru and Ruto will NEVER be on the ballot in 2012."
- Citrillus, 8-11-2012
Njamlik

Postby Anonymous Kevin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Njamlik wrote:The original will always be special, but the TV studio session featuring Sam Mangwana and Rochereau benefitted from better technology and seasoned musicians who rendered a perfect arrangement.

That song effectively demonstrated the solid bridge between Cuba and Congo.

NJL

Tshala Muana has her version too more contemporary. I could not find it on youtube

If you ever watch a cuban band called Buena Vista Social club(Reuben Gonzalez) its same style

Anonymous Kevin

Postby Anonymous Kevin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Terminator wrote:Classics.

Here's another "Who sang it best"

If Mhadhiri can confirm its same lyrics

Rochereau - Original

Remi Ongala

Anonymous Kevin

Return to Music